Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
- Post Date:June 10, 2022
- Views 736
Employment: Full Time
Job Location: Bangalore.
Site: Bangalore Refinery
No of Vacancies: 01 No.
Salary: 5.2 LPA
- Witness and monitor contractors welding activities, inspection and test in accordance with the approved Quality Plan, ITP, Quality Procedures and etc.
- Promote quality awareness throughout the organization, emphasizing excellence, continuous improvement and corrective action to influence the overall success of company business.
- Assist review of company Quality Plan, Inspection & Test Plan (ITP) and Quality Procedures and all pertained QA/QC documentation prior to commencement of any fabrication / construction work.
- Verify the implementation of PTW (permit to work) and other safety procedures.
- Conduct quality inspection at site locations in accordance with the Project’s quality culture.
- Report daily all welding activities in a timely manner.
- Ensure contractors welders are aware of relevant, up to date codes, standards, specifications and drawings.
- Interface with the Quality manager, construction engineer, and other inspectors in a professional manner.
- Support the company personnel by performing additional tasks as directed and commensurate with his/her skills.
- Approve a work Supplier / Contractor has been by attending inspection / test or reviewing documents.
- Reinforce the company HSE requirements when on site
- Oversee inspection of mechanical equipment, piping, structure and welding activities conducted at construction sites.
- Review original material certificate for compliances to codes and specifications.
- Ensure testing, measuring, welding, NDE equipment is fully calibrated per specification and has current certification.
- Ensure storage and handling of welding consumables is per manufacturer’s recommendations / specifications and has a certification.
- Verify that equipment is preserved per the supplier’s recommendation and the approved preservation procedures.
- Witness / Participate material Receiving Inspection at construction site to identify damage or deficiency with Contractors.
- Witness in-process inspections per ITP and Inspection Requests to ensure work proceeds in accordance to specifications, the approved drawings and procedures.
- Verify rogue and counterfeit items during inspection or surveillance and immediately report Quality Manager if any.
- Actively participate in company Safety meetings.
Technical Qualification Requirements:
- Diploma or B.Tech Mechanical Engineering with minimum 04 years experience as a QA/QC Engineer in Refinery Industry.
- ASNT Level II in LPT, MPT, RT, UT, VT certification is preferred.
- QA/QC Welding certified candidate is preferred
- Knowledge in quality engineering, quality assurance, or a similar role.
- Practical knowledge in Welding, Defects, Codes & Standards etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
Related Jobs (16)
NDT/ NDE/ Inspection Engineers (Mechanical 2023 Pass Out) on September 26, 2022 Full Time
NDT/ NDE/ Inspection Engineers (Mechanical 2023 Pass Out) on June 10, 2022 Full Time