API 653-Authorized Tank InspectorJanuary 13, 2022 2022-01-19 12:44
API 653-Authorized Tank Inspector
API 653 Tank Inspection, Repair, Alteration, and Reconstruction. The American Petroleum Institute initiated an API 653 Aboveground Storage Tank Inspector Certification Program with the participation of storage tank owners and users. It establishes a uniform national program that assists state and local governments in aboveground storage tank regulations.
The API 653 Aboveground Storage Tank Inspector must have a broad knowledge base relating to tank inspection and repair of aboveground storage tanks, and will satisfy the minimum qualifications specified in API Standard 653, Tank Inspection, Repair, Alteration, and Reconstruction.
- To prepare well for API 653 exams and Increase the probability of success
- To calculate the Minimum required Thickness for shell, bottom, and roof plate for the tanks in service
- To know about Tank Repair, Alteration for the in-service tanks
- To know effectively the damage Mechanisms pertaining to the AST in Service & inspection & Mitigation ways of damage mechanisms
- To calculate MDMT, Corrosion rate, Remaining life, Inspection freq of the Tanks in service.